Au pair training & preparation
We believe that starting your au pair stay on the right path begins with the proper preparation and a good introduction to the USA. That’s why we created a training programme that will prepare you better than any other agency – at no additional cost. Our training programme has been designed to give you the right information at the right time.
Our curriculum was developed in collaboration with childcare, medical and educational specialists. We also listened to former Cultural Care au pairs, and they have told us what is most beneficial to know.
Your preparation will begin as soon as you have been selected for the Cultural Care Au Pair programme.
- You will receive your Au Pair Travel Kit – a handbook full of checklists and assignments that will guide you all the way step by step.
- You will gain access to your Au Pair Online Account - your personalized ‘go to’ online platform for everything! View potential host families, your travel itinerary and much more.
- At the same time you will complete MyAuPairCourses – a self-paced online training course accessible through your online account.
- You will receive a Matching & Interviewing Guide - this guide will prepare you for interviews with potential host families.
- You will join an online Get Ready Workshop – just before you head off to the USA.
- Your formal training will end at our own Au Pair Training School in New York. At the training school you will spend five days meeting new au pairs from around the world and learning what to expect during your au pair adventure. Teachers will cover topics such as effective communication, challenging situations with children, the dynamics of living and working with a host family, and more.