Insurance coverage options while in the USA
As American health care is extremely costly it is strongly recommended that every au pair purchase additional health insurance coverage for their time abroad. The last thing you need to worry about are hospital bills! Cultural Care Au Pair has partnered with Erika Insurance Ltd. and created a custom travel insurance coverage unique for au pairs.
Erika Extended Insurance Coverage
While your programme fee includes a basic medical coverage, it does have its limits. The limits can easily be exceeded due to illness or an accident. Purchasing Extended Insurance Coverage will give you additional peace of mind. Below is what is covered with Extended Insurance Coverage:
- Unlimited coverage for medical expenses
- Coverage for the cost of family member flights in an emergency
- Coverage for loss of baggage and property damage or theft
- Flights home and return if your programme is interrupted due to a death or serious illness in your immediate family
- 24 hour emergency assistance via their toll-free number
- Lower deductibles and “co-payments”
- Support from our staff in filing and following up on your claim.
Erika 13th Month Travel Insurance Coverage
Do you plan on travelling for your additional 13th month? If so, make sure you are covered for anything that could happen with Extended 13th Month Insurance Coverage.
Sports & Adventure Supplement
You never know what you might try during your au pair experience. Snowboarding with your host family or whitewater rafting with your au pair group? If you plan on participating in any activities that are not covered in the normal packages, it is strongly encouraged you purchase the Sports & Adventure Supplement to guarantee your fun will not be interrupted!