Matching with your host family
Cultural Care Au Pair has the largest network of host families in the USA and you will get the chance to view their applications and talk to families until you have found a family you would be excited to live and work with. Before any final decisions are made, the Cultural Care Au Pair matching process gives you the chance to review applications from host families and decide to accept or deny any offers made by host families.
Would you fit better in a sporty and active family or a family who loves reading and games? Our Matching Team’s goal is to make the best match for you and your host family. We have experienced staff in the USA, who are personally involved in matching all our au pairs with host families. We find that this personal approach, which is more customised and flexible, provides the best way to make successful matches.
How does the matching process work?
- Staff in the Sydney office will review your application and check references.
- When your application is accepted, it is handled by our office in Boston where our Placement Managers review your skills and qualifications.
- Once they find a good match, they will connect you and the host family through your Online Account. Here you’ll be able to see some basic information about the host family, the children and where they live in the USA.
- If the host family feels that your profile fits in with their family they will call you for a phone interview.
- After the phone interview you and the family each get some time to decide if this is the right match for you.
- Once you have a mutually agreeable match, planning for your travel can begin.
Au pairs often have lots of questions about the phone interview and many are very nervous about this part of the application process. Our best advice when being interviewed by a potential host family is to prepare a few questions you would like to ask the host family, so you can get to know them better in order to find out if you want to match with them.