Au pair qualifications
There are a number of requirements for the au pair programme, set by the US Department of State and Cultural Care Au Pair. Since au pairs are taking on the responsibility of caring for other people's children it is very important that all candidates meet these minimum standards. If you have any questions on whether or not you fulfill these requirements, just give us a call.
A Cultural Care Au Pair:
* Is between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
* Loves kids and has at least 200 hours of childcare experience
* Has completed (or is about to complete) secondary school
* Has a driver's licence or can obtain one during the application process
* Does not have a criminal background
* Is in good physical and mental health
* Is flexible, motivated, mature and positive
* Is ready to commit to a year overseas
The most important pre-requisite is good childcare experience. Our programme requires at least 200 hours of childcare experience to be an au pair. This can include babysitting (including relatives), volunteering or working at a daycare or kindergarten, coaching children's sports, working with a church group, tutoring children or any other type of experience working with children.